Search

Sunday, August 2, 2020

My Very First Tack Set

    When I got my first few Breyer's I read the catalog from cover to back many, many times. Inside I saw a page on model horse showing and I thought, that sounds like fun! I forgot about it for some time. Once I got E-Z to spot I wanted to make a saddle and bridle for her. So I got out my felt and string and made this:


At the time I thought it looked amazing! Although all that I did was cut out a saddle shape and glued it to a saddle pad. the saddle flaps were just places that I didn't glue it.

The girth was a strip of brown felt that I tied on the horse. 



I felt so good about the saddle that I had to make a bridle to go with it. I tied a bunch on knots into a string that resembles a bridle. I can't even tell how to put it on!


I know that all tack makers have to start somewhere, and this is how I got into making model horse tack. I went from felt to fabric to faux leather to real leather. It is so fun to think that just a year ago my tack looked like this! I got so much better thanks to reading all of the model horse blogs, so I want to thank the other tack makers that inspired me to get into the model horse hobby.




No comments:

Post a Comment