Search

Friday, August 14, 2020

Rio Rondo Hardware


    My package from Rio Rondo came today! how does it keep on getting bigger every order? Well, I thought that I would talk about some of the hardware. These are all of my buckles. I recommend buying A LOT (Buckles get used up fast).You also have to buy different sizes to fit your leather lace. The perfect fit is always the best but larger is better than smaller! You can make buckles out of wire and some pliers, but that never comes out looking as good as these buckles do.

    For my halter hardware, I bought some halter pieces and hooks. For the halter pieces you can use a jump ring, but if you use these your hater looks much more realistic. Usually I use a lobster clasp for my lead ropes, but I wanted to try out these hooks. The lobster clasps looked way to big and bulky, these hooks look way more in scale.

    Believe it or not, I did not have any tacky wax up until this time. In case you are wondering, tacky wax is a sticky wax that model horse collectors use to stick tack on a model horse. Up until now I have been using my... braces wax. It is almost the same thing, but I found it to be much less sticky, so I just got some real tacky wax. 


    Now stirrups. These pewter stirrups are probably the most expensive thing that goes on a saddle. They cost about 7 dollars a pair, and that adds up! But I still buy them because how can you have a saddle without good looking stirrups? I am working on learning to cast my own, but until now I still buy them. Do you think I should make mine out of real pewter or resin?

Now that is all that got. I definitely recommend Rio Rondo for your tack supplies. It is a great website with practically everything you need to make tack. And that's it! Look how my guinea pigs, Lily and Cindy ate dinner yesterday, SO CUTE!!! ( They almost never touch each other.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment