Search

Thursday, August 6, 2020

My Journey of Riding Jackets

    I have sewn so many riding jackets that I am getting a bit sick of making them. I am trying to make a pattern that makes a good looking jacket. I know how to sew one but I just can't figure out how to make them more fitted. So lets start at the beginning. One of my first posts was about this jacket. It came out decent but I just didn't know how to sew on the sleeves.
    I made it my cutting apart a Breyer jacket and making a pattern from that. This is what my patterns are based on.
    Stored in one of my bins is a bag of all my jackets. I don't really know why I save them, I guess because they took so much time and effort that I just didn't want to throw them away.
    This jacket is the first one that  ever did.
    This one came out good but I made it way too small. 😕


    Now this is a funny story. I wanted to try and not have to hem it so I covered the ends with some fabric glue like the hay bags tutorial on desktop stables. Well that did not work out, The paper on the other side got stuck to the fabric and it was just a big mess.

 I guess I am still trying to make the perfect pattern. I probably will read this post when I'm older and laugh at all of my fails. (This is not even half of them) I promise once I make the best pattern I will post a tutorial, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment