Search

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Halters, Patterns, and a Dog Friend

    Todays post will be about just little things I did today. First I want to tell you about the tool below. It is called a mini pounce wheel and I use it ALL THE TIME! It makes little stitch marks along the edge of your tack. The mini stitch marks really bring your tack to the next level, so if you don't have this tool I recommend getting one. I bought mine off of Rio Rondo for 9.80 dollars.
    This tool helps to add the little details such as in my halter that I'm making. I know that it might be hard to see but I added a line of stitches along the sides. I will probably show a whole other tutorial on how to use this tool, so keep on the lookout! 

    The pattern for my saddle pattern was just a bit too bulky, so today I also tried tomato a new pattern from scratch. This is actually not as hard as it seems.  You just have to know the saddle parts and what a saddle looks like. I definitely looked at many reference photos make sure that it's in scale.
    So now I'm working on that, I hope that this time it comes out less bulky. Maybe I just have to skiver it better.

In case you are wondering, the dog in the background is my dog Benji. These days because I'm stuck in the house I have been working on training Benji. This has resulted in him following me all around the house.

    I love it because he makes me so happy and keeps me company. He mostly just sleeps though... but I still love him!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment