Search

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Beautiful Leather


    As you might know I have been without leather for almost a month now. Because of the corona- virus shipping has been wonky and this leather was a month late! It was taking so long the seller gave me a refund, but it came so now it's free! I was so happy, it is just the color and thickness that I wanted.

In case your wondering I bought sheepskin leather that is 0.3 mm thick. I wanted it to be super thin so that I can use it to wrap stuff and glue or sew down easily. Even though it's thin, it's surprisingly pretty strong.


I decided to make my friend, Hannah a saddle for her birthday do I did. I was so happy I finished it in only  a few hours. I know I made the flaps a bit too wide but it still links awesome. Now I just have to add the stirrups a girth and a few other details. But I am so happy I can't wait to make more stuff! Oh now I need more buckles... well I always need something. Rio Rondo here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment