Search

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Saddle Number 2

Yesterday a lady messaged me on Etsy and asked if I could make her two saddle sets for Christmas. I worked out the details with her and I got crafting. The secret to creating a good saddle tree is to use a soda can. A soda can is thin metal and you can easily bend it into the shape of a saddle tree. I'll probably do a tutorial on making saddles... someday.... 


Since I got new leather it was so much easier to cut out the shapes that I needed. The hardest part about cutting out leather pieces is getting the edges straight. 




Here is the finished saddle! All I need to do now is attach stirrups and make a girth. I'll leave that for tomorrow. Right now I'm too tired.


Benji, lounging in the sun.

Cindy, trying on her new Santa hat I made for her.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment