Search

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Donut Bareback pad

 Today I wanted to try and sew something new so I made a bareback pad! This was my first one and it took MANY tries. Well at least I had something to do for an hour! First I made a basic pattern and traced it on a piece of black fabric. 


Next I cut out a piece of thin batting. This batting is really thin so I use it in my saddle pads.


Then I sewed around the shape and cut it out.



After I sewed it around I then flipped it inside out. This was the hardest part for me because I kept on ripping it or I made the pattern too small.


Too small!😂


This is how the bareback pad looks now. I added the donut fabric and a ribbon to use as the girth.


Here it is on a horse:


I think that I will continue sewing different pads until I get the perfect one. Well at least now I can check bareback pad off the list! ✓



No comments:

Post a Comment