Search

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Faux Leather

    When I first started making tack I used faux leather to get started. In fact I still have a box of that left. Now I use real leather because I think that real leather is SO much easier to use than fake leather. I know that it's hard to buy, skiver, and dye but it sticks with glue so much quicker. 

    I have told my friends and family about my tack making hobby and of course they never have heard of it. So I tell them that I make miniature tack out of leather. Then I usually bring down a saddle or two to show them what I make. Well yesterday my uncle came over said that he bought me some leather to make tack out of.

    I was super grateful that he thought of me, but it was faux leather. I don't really know what I can use it for.



This is a close up, do you have any ideas on how I can use it? I was thinking maybe doll clothes....


So I got my creative juices running and I managed to sew this little clutch or something like that.


I think that it came out fairly well but now I don't know how to close it. I think I will add a button.



Benji probably has to go to the vet tomorrow. I was cutting his hair for the first time ( my mom usually does it) and I cut his skin by accident. It was only a little cut so we just stopped the bleeding and left it. Well today Benji decided to lick and bite his cut until it tore! So we put on his old cone and bandaged him up. My mom said that he might need stitches. Poor Benji 😢, I feel so bad for cutting him.


Well on that sad note I have decided to enter the Field of Dolls Photo Show! I should start preparing, I only have less than two months to take my pictures. 

Santana rocking his new halter.














No comments:

Post a Comment