Search

Monday, June 22, 2020

Halter Tutorial Part 2

So I just got back from the beach trip. We are still unpacking sandy swimsuits and stuff! But I wanted to post this for today.

After measuring on your model horse you will need two jump rings. 


I cut out the cheek pieces and connect the jump rings to the nose piece.


I then do the same to the other side. Make sure not to add too much glue or it will become a messy sticky glue mess!


It's starting to look like a halter now! I then cut a throat latch and connect the two jump rings.


Next I need to add the connecting strap. Make sure to add space in when you are folding it over so that it can easily slide around. 




It is now time to connect the connecting strap to the nose band with two jump rings. I open them using my needle nosed pliers and then I close them using my pliers as well.


Now all that it needs is a way to stay on! I first attach a short strip of ribbon to the jump ring that is connected to the cheek piece.


Then on the other side I attach a long piece. I make it extra long because you can always trim it to fit!




I then add a photo etched buckle from Rio Rondo onto the buckle side.


I cut it int a tip so that it is easier to slip on.


To make it hard to spread some glue onto my finger...


and spread it around until I have an even layer of glue.


Then I smear it onto the tip,


So that it becomes hard!


Your finished halter should look like this.


I also made a pink one to go with the yellow!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment