Search

Monday, June 1, 2020

Dressage Saddle Pattern

    I have been wanting to make a dressage set for a while, so today I decided to try. First I got my all purpose english saddle pattern by Model Horse Tack School. You can buy the pattern here. Keriokie is a great website to get tack books and patterns!





This is my English saddle pattern by Keriokie.



First I got out my handy dandy light up tracing pad and I traced the saddle flaps except I made it a bit longer.



Then since I made the saddle flaps longer I had to do the same for everything else.




Once I came to the saddle tree I made the seat a bit longer because dressage saddles have a deeper seat.




Once I did that, I glued all of the pieces onto a piece of paper and then I scanned it so that I can keep it forever! I can't wait until I can start to make this saddle using my new pattern!


1 comment:

  1. You have chosen an impossible idea and made it possible for the common person to see and believe.  Keep up the good work, and I look forward to much more from your mind and hand. Saddle Mania gets you covered here, with an extensive range of saddles, all carved with love. With different saddles for sale in Ontario, including English saddles, different roping saddles, Western saddles, Australian stock saddles, Spanish saddles, Portuguese horse saddles for sale, and a lot more, you are going to witness the best saddle shopping experience with us.

    ReplyDelete