Search

Monday, July 20, 2020

Tutorial: How To Make Lead Ropes

I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting, it's just that I have been doing nothing! The leather is lost somewhere in a UPS warehouse. My mom contacted the sales guy and he will send another one.

Today I will show you how I make my lead ropes! First I get two different colors of embroidery floss. 

You will need the thread to be twice as long as you want your lead rope to be. I will be using these two different colors of pink thread.


First I twist one color. I like to twist it really tight to make sure that the lead rope will come out neat.



While you twist the other side in the same direction I like to secure the end with anything heavy, which in this case is a bottle of tacky glue.



I make sure to twist the other color the same way.


OnceI have twisted both sides...


I twist them together. This way the lead rope will never come undone.


To add the clip I get a jump ring.


Then using some pliers I attach those onto a lobster clasp.


I then get my long strand of twisted string and fold it to make the lead rope thicker and shorter. I loop the lobster clasp into the end of the lead rope and clamp it in place with some pliers.


To make sure that the lead rope doesn't unravel I tie a knot at the end and cut off the excess string.


To make sure that the know does not untie I add a dab of glue.


And here is the finished product! I think that the colors go perfectly with my pink halter that I just made.


No comments:

Post a Comment