Search

Friday, April 16, 2021

Painting Jump Rails

Hello! Two days ago my brother needed something from Michels, so I happily tagged along. You can get so many project ideas from the craft store! In the clearance aisle  I saw a pack of six wooden dowels for only three dollars! 

Then I remembered something that I’ve always wanted to make. A butterfly jump! So I bought them along with some painters tape. Here’s how I did it:


First I measured out one inch increments. Then I wrapped tape around each end. You can do any pattern that you like, but I decided to do black, blue, and white.
The good thing about tape is that you don’t have to worry about painting straight lines. 


Once the black paint had dried, I put some more tape around the edges to paint in the colors. 


Once I did that I was done! I think that the poles that I painted came out great! Now I just have to build the wooden butterfly and the jump cups.


I hope that this was clear. I’m not really good at writing tutorials.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment