Search

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Kinetic Sand

A few weeks ago I talked to my mom about kinetic sand and how awesome it was to use in model horse photos. Well, guess what was in my Easter basket this year... kinetic sand! This stuff is so much fun to play with! Its like regular sand, but it sticks together so you can mold it into shapes and clean it up really easily.


It holds the shape of hoofs really well, and it doesn't stick to my model horses. Right now it's sitting on my shelf in a plastic container, but I plan to use it with my fence that I just finished. I can't wait!


Oh, and I've been experimenting with using leather and ribbon in my halters. In real life horse halters have leather behind their ears to break away if they get caught. I thought that this was an awesome detail so I decided to recreate it into 1:9th scale.


I'm working so hard on model horse tack because I want to be ready for Breyerfest!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment