Search

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Model Horse Bargains part 2

         I'm so sorry for not posting on my blog for over a week! A lot of big things are happening, I started softball and we're getting our kitchen renovated! I had to help my mom move all of the things out of the kitchen so that people could work on renovating our kitchen.



So... I know it's been awhile since I've talked about the wooden fences that I bought at the dollar store, but here it is! 
    First I had to sand down the rough edges to get rid of the splinters. I didn't sand it too much because I still want it too look worn down. My dad does a lot of woodworking, so I borrowed some of his stain. For this project I used the Special Walnut color from Varathane. Isn't that a "special" name? 


To apply I got a sponge brush and I painted on the stain. Then quickly I wiped it off with a rag. I did this a few times until the color was perfect. 


One of my pieces had some glue on it so the stain didn't dye properly, but I think that this just makes it look worn down. ( in a good way!)


Other then fences, they could also make an awesome bridge! 


Now all that I need is a long piece of wood to secure a fence onto.


By the way, I'm going to Breyerfest! I can't wait to enter the shows and participate for the first time. I already have some diorama ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment