Search

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

It’s My Birthday

It’s my birthday today! I’m turning 14, can you believe that I started this blog when I was only 12?! For my birthday I had lots of cake, my parents also gave me the black beauty Breyer web special. I love her/him so much (it’s a bit weird that Black Beauty was a mare, but this model appears to be a stallion?) Anyway I love this mold and I think that she adds to my whole collection.


Look at this saddle set that I finished today! It was my first time making a dual colored saddle, a breastplate, and a martingale, so many firsts! I’m definitely going to keep this one, I love it too much!


 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And the tack is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm.... The horse in Anna Sewell's novel, Black Beauty, is a him (I always assumed a gelding)... But I completely understand about assigning one's model horses a gender that reflects their own character and what you see in them. I have so many masculine mares, for instance. Breyer made 9 times as many stallions as mares; when you want your horses to come in families consisting of a mare + a stallion, well, you have to use your imagination. So, good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, right! I forgot that in the movie they changed Black Beauty to a mare!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the saddle making!

    Re-reading, I realize you already knew Black Beauty wasn't a mare. I need to look further next time I babble.!

    ReplyDelete