Search

Friday, February 5, 2021

Priming

So, since I’ve decided to paint a different horse, today I primed another one of my Breyer horses. 
 I used this spray paint primer that I bought from Home Depot, although you can also buy spray paint at craft stores. I wish I had more photos, but it’s hard to take photos while holding a spray can.

Basically what I learned is that you should spray in thin layers, about 8 inches away. Spraying in thin layers reduces the chance of drips. You should also try not to drop your model, like I did. To fix this I took a super fine sandpaper and lightly sanded the parts that got smudged. Then I sprayed it over again.


That’s much better!

Tomorrow I’m going to pull out my PanPastels and add some color! By the way, I’m going to paint her a bay, pinto.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment