Search

Friday, January 22, 2021

Quick Tip: Burning the Edges of Lead Ropes.

If you notice that the ends of your lead ropes are unraveling, I have a quick and easy way to seal the edges. You can use some tacky glue to seal the edges, but I find that to be a sticky mess. 


I use a fire to burn the edges. I know that this may seem crazy, but it works! I used the stove, but you can also use a candle, or a lighter. I asked my mom to help with the fire, so make sure that you are doing this safely. 


So basically what I do is hold the edge up to the flame for only two seconds, and it gives the ribbon this nice and neat finish! 


Make sure not to hold it in the fire for too long, or you might start burning the end. If that happens your tip might be black! I recommend practicing this with a piece of scrap ribbon to get the hang of it, before you try it on your lead ropes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment